Forsyth Farmers’ Market in Savannah is seeking an Executive Director.
Forsyth Farmers’ Market’s Executive Director is responsible for oversight of all FFM programs, ensuring they run smoothly, work well together and further the mission of the organization. This person serves as the public face of the organization, engaging in advocacy, promotion, and outreach. The Executive Director oversees FFM staff and volunteers and reports directly to the Board of Directors. A strong candidate must have demonstrated passion for food issues and farming, experience managing staff and volunteers, ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and preferably experience in a related field. This position requires active staff management, creative programming, a nose for finding and following up on possible grants, and the ability to advocate for the market and local food.
- Develop an understanding of everything needed to run the Saturday market and Farm Truck 912 and take on these tasks as needed
- Supervise and support three part-time staff, one AmeriCorps VISTA, and contract staff
- Assist staff in recruiting, training, and supervising volunteers
- Oversee all aspects of staff development
- Attend monthly Board meetings and provide monthly program and financial reports
- Provide weekly updates to Board via email
- Coordinate maintenance of all equipment, Farm Truck, rental spaces, trailer, etc.
Communications and PR Director
- Maintain and develop relationships with farmers, funders and other community partners
- Coordinate FFM representation at events and meetings called by other groups and public appearances
- Be responsible for FFM’s public image and messaging campaigns
- Work with accountant, book-keeper, and Board Treasurer to ensure finances are in order
- Oversee all grant budgets and maintain organization budget
Special Events Coordination
- Responsible for scheduling, staffing, supervision of staff and volunteers and coordination of any special events where the FFM or Farm Truck is represented
- Research and apply for local, state and federal grant and fundraising opportunities for FFM and Farm Truck 912
- Manage existing grants, ensuring that program goals are met, funds are spent and reports are generated in a timely manner
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience: Leadership experience preferred, grant writing, program development, staff management, knowledge of local food systems, knowledge of 501(c)3s
This is a full time (40 hours a week) salary position without benefits; compensation based on experience. Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Position open until filled.