Summer has officially made its debut this week! The summer heat tends to have an impact on our lifestyles. No matter the weather, great health should always be an option! As the temperatures rise, here are a few tips to having a healthy and happy summer!
- Stay hydrated. The summer heat makes you more prone to becoming dehydrated. Be sure to keep a bottle of water nearby throughout the day as a reminder. Drinking a glass a water during each meal will help aid in hydration as well.
- Meal planning. The summer is a common season for travel and being more active, which can lead to less time for preparing and eating meals at home. Taking one day out of the week to plan/prepare meals for the week ahead will make it easier for you and your family to eat healthy meals, whether it’s at home or on the go!
- Eat seasonal fruits and vegetables. Making a weekly stop at the Saturday market is a great way to find some of your favorite summer fruits and vegetables.
- Get your rest. Being tired makes you more susceptible to overeating. Getting an adequate amount of rest each night will leave you feeling refreshed and will allow you to make healthier food choices during the day.
- Summer cleaning. Everybody gets the cleaning bug during the spring to make sure their home is in tiptop shape, but how often does that cleaning include the refrigerator and kitchen cabinets? Cleaning the kitchen is a great way to kick off your summer. Removing any unhealthy food or drinks and replacing them with fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, water, etc., will allow your home to be an environment that reflects great health.
What are some of your favorite things to do during the summer months to maintain your health? Let us know!