Dill. Bread & Butter. Kosher. Sour. Sweet. These are just a few favorite ways to eat a pickle. What better way to celebrate one of the world’s most diverse foods then to dedicate a whole month to it? July is National Pickle Month. We are kicking it off by giving 5 fun facts about pickles!
- It is estimated that Americans eat about 8.5 pounds of pickles a year.
- The term “in a pickle” was first introduced by Shakespeare in his play “The Tempest”.
- The Egyptian queen, Cleopatra, ate pickles because she believed that it was something that helped her stay beautiful.
- Pickle juice can be consumed to prevent muscle cramping.
- Christopher Columbus is credited to bringing pickles to the New World.
Know an interesting fact about pickles? Be sure to share it with us!