“I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.” -Henry David Thoreau
Give Thanks to Farmers For:
- Diverse & nutritious food options
- Agricultural awareness
- Transmission of knowledge
- Producer-consumer relationships
- Strengthening rural & local economies
- A 2011 USDA study finds that produce growers selling onto local and regional markets generate 13 full time operator jobs per $1 million in revenue earned, for a total of 61,000 jobs in 2008.
- Improving healthy food access
- Invaluable experience
- In the early 1900’s, 40% of our population lived on farms; today, 1% does.
Thank Your Farmers – Be a Friend of the Farmers Market. Click here to donate at the Friends Level ($35/person)